The Secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland Regulation 08.02.05.12F, announces the season, catch limit, and minimum size for the summer flounder fishery for 2016, effective 12:01 a.m. January 1, 2016.
• The season will be open January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
• Recreational anglers may keep up to 4 summer flounder per person per day.
• The recreational minimum size for summer flounder is 16 inches in all Maryland state waters.
• The commercial hook and line minimum size for summer flounder is 16 inches in all Maryland state waters other than the study area described in COMAR 08.02.05.12G, where the minimum size is 14 inches during the study period.
• The commercial minimum size for summer flounder caught by gear other than hook and line is 14 inches.
• All other rules remain the same.