The Secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland Regulation 08.02.05.12F, announces the season, catch limit, and minimum size for the summer flounder fishery for 2017, effective 12:01 a.m. January 1, 2017.
• The season will be open January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
• Recreational anglers may keep up to 4 summer flounder per person per day.
• The recreational minimum size for summer flounder is 16 inches in all Maryland state waters.
• The commercial hook and line minimum size for summer flounder is 16 inches in all Maryland state waters.
• The commercial minimum size for summer flounder caught by gear other than hook and line is 14 inches.
• All other rules remain the same.
The season, size limit, and creel limit may be adjusted in 2017 pending Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission action.